RIDGEWOOD PTA AND THE LIBRARY PARTNER WITH ACCELERATED READER
The Ridgewood PTA and Library are working together to continue the strong AR program for grades 1-6.
The Accelerated Reader (AR™) program is a fun way to encourage a love of reading with friendly competition and prizes for accomplishments.
- AR is a computer program that helps teachers manage and monitor children’s independent reading practice.
- Your child chooses a book at his/her own level and reads it at his own pace.
- When finished, your child takes a short quiz on the computer. (Passing the quiz is an indication that your child understood what was read.) This can only be done in school.
- Children choose their own books to read, rather than having one assigned to them.
- When they complete an AR quiz for a book read, points are given based on the students reading level, and the difficulty level of the text.
Teachers and librarians help your child choose books at an appropriate reading level that are challenging without being frustrating, ensuring that your child can pass the quiz and experience success.
For more information on the AR Program, Mrs. Willden at email@example.com
Mrs. Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-373-3492
- Friday, November 16
- Wednesday, November 21
- Thursday, November 22
- Friday, November 23
- Thursday, November 29
- Friday, November 30
- Friday, December 14