To gain full access of our website please Register for a new account or Log In to your existing account.
By joining the PTA, you help us meet our school's needs that are outside the scope of their budget. You also get great discounts, locally and nationally. When you go a step further and volunteer to help with events—or join our board— you set a fine example for our students to follow, and greatly encourage our teachers and staff.
Ridgewood Ravens book bingo!
Hello Ridgewood Ravens,
The RW PTA and the RW Library are sponsoring Book Bingo from Nov. 26th through December 12th. Everyone that participates and turns in a Bingo form gets to attend the PTA Book Bingo Social on December 14th from 8:45-9:05.
Bingo cards for K and 1-6 will be sent home, and are also available in the RW Library. They can be turned into the Library, and your student will be invited to the Book Bingo PTA social. Here’s how to play:
- Books need to have been read recently (November - December)
- Reading must be outside school hours.
- You may not use the same book for more than one square.
- Write in the title of the book in the space provided.
- You need a BINGO to turn it in (5 across, diagonal or vertical)
Annie Ott, PTA Literacy Chair
The Ridgewood PTA and Library are working together to continue the strong AR program for grades 1-6.
The Accelerated Reader (AR™) program is a fun way to encourage a love of reading with friendly competition and prizes for accomplishments.
- AR is a computer program that helps teachers manage and monitor children’s independent reading practice.
- Your child chooses a book at his/her own level and reads it at his own pace.
- When finished, your child takes a short quiz on the computer. (Passing the quiz is an indication that your child understood what was read.) This can only be done in school.
- Children choose their own books to read, rather than having one assigned to them.
- When they complete an AR quiz for a book read, points are given based on the students reading level, and the difficulty level of the text.
Teachers and librarians help your child choose books at an appropriate reading level that are challenging without being frustrating, ensuring that your child can pass the quiz and experience success.
For more information on the AR Program, Mrs. Willden at email@example.com
Mrs. Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-373-3492
PTA General Meeting
Join us for our next General PTA Meeting on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 6:30 PM. We will be located inside the music room upper stage of the MPR. Join us to stay up to date on our mission and events for this year.